- Offer an environment of joy, love and respect, where children can create, feel, think and BE FREE.
- Contribute to the integral development of children, respecting their individual differences and their evolutionary moment.
- Guide children to discovery the world and of themselves, to recognize their gifts and find their way.
- Help children to grow up healthy and happy LEARNING WITH LIFE.
- PSYCHOMOTOR DEVELOPMENT: body, movement, sensory development, practical life and autonomy.
- COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT: language (English-Spanish verbal communication), mathematics and cosmic life (from the Universe to Self and from Science to Art).
- SOCIO-AFFECTIVE DEVELOPMENT: emotional self-regulation, security and group responsibility.
- SPIRITUAL-SOUL DEVELOPMENT: gratitude, commitment, courage, trust, respect, equality, forgiveness, satisfaction, generosity, responsibility, cooperation, freedom, creativity, integrity and positive speech.
Based on the MONTESSORI METHOD, incorporating ideas from other lines of Active and Live Pedagogy: Pikler, Wild, Waldorf, Giner de los Rios, Dewey… And other tools like: Multiple intelligences, Coaching, NLP, Positive discipline, Psychomotricity, Yoga…
– PRINCIPLES OF MONTESSORI PEDAGOGY –
- CONFIDENCE in the child’s innate curiosity to understand the world, develop their potential, adapt to and improve the environment.
- FREEDOM OF ACTION playing freely and experimentation as a basic learning tool, according to their interests, rhythm and individual needs.
- PREPARED, WARM, NATURAL AND STIMULATING ENVIRONMENT with materials structured by areas: practical life, sensory, language, mathematics and cosmic life (science and art).
- CLEAR LIMITATIONS to respect the basic standards of coexistence, respecting other people’s space, living beings and materials.
- THE TEACHER GUIDES AND ACCOMPANIES THE PROCESS, promotes autonomy, effort and creativity, and helps to resolve conflicts.
- MIXED AGE GROUPS to favor imitation learning and cooperation: Toddlers (1-3 yaers old) and Preschool (3-6 years old).
- SMALL GROUPS to favor this methodology and addressing individual needs.
- TAKE CARE OF SENSITIVE PERIODS, in what children show special interest in a particular learning area.
- VERBAL COMMUNICATION IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH.
- DIRECT CONTACT WITH REALITY AND NATURE through outings and excursions.
- RELATIONSHIP OF CONFIDENCE ALERE-FAMILY with initial interview, flexible adaptation period, daily welcoming and farewells, tutorials, parties and excursions, training workshops…
- Evaluation based on observation and communication, listening to the needs of each child and their family, to recreate the environments and interventions every day.
- Periodic and timely meetings with families to inform them about individual and group changes and propose lines of activities at home with children.
- Monitoring of the vital development process of children when they move from Alere to other educational centers through the organization of workshops, camps and other activities.