- Offer an environment of love, trust and respect, where children can create, feel, think and BE FREE.
- Contribute to the integral development of children, respecting their individual differences and their developmental momentum.
- Accompanying them to discovery the world and of themselves, to recognize their talents and find their way.
- Help children to grow healthily LEARNING WITH LIFE, a creative and happy life, overcoming challenges and improving reality.
- PSYCHOMOTOR DEVELOPMENT: body, movement, sensory development, practical life and independence.
- COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT: language, mathematics and cosmic life.
- SOCIO-AFFECTIVE DEVELOPMENT: emotional self-regulation, to feel secure, group responsibility, verbal communication in English-Spanish and artistic expression (music, art, theater and dance).
- MORAL-SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT: gratitude, commitment, courage, trust, respect, equality, forgiveness, satisfaction, generosity, responsibility, cooperation, freedom, creativity, integrity and positive speech.
Based on the MONTESSORI METHOD, incorporating ideas from other lines of Active and Live Pedagogy: Pikler, Wild, Waldorf, Giner de los Rios, Dewey… And other tools like: Multiple intelligences, Coaching, NLP, Nonviolent communication, Psychomotricity, Yoga…
– PRINCIPLES OF MONTESSORI PEDAGOGY –
- CONFIDENCE in the child’s innate curiosity to understand the world, develop their potential, adapt to and improve the environment.
- FREEDOM OF ACTION playing freely and experimentation as a basic learning tool, according to their interests, rhythm and individual needs.
- PREPARED, WARM, NATURAL AND STIMULATING ENVIRONMENT with materials structured by areas: practical life, sensory, language, mathematics and cosmic life. Also using the orchard, garden, kitchen, rest area and library.
CLEAR LIMITATIONS to respect the basic standards of coexistence, respecting other people’s space, living beings and materials.
THE TEACHER GUIDES AND ACCOMPANIES THE PROCESS, promotes independence, effort and creativity, through the use of materials and activities, addressing the individual needs with love and respect and helping to resolve conflicts.
SMALL GROUPS to favor this methodology and addressing individual needs.
TAKE CARE OF SENSITIVE PERIODS, in what children show special interest in a particular learning area.
VERBAL COMMUNICATION IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH.
DIRECT CONTACT WITH REALITY AND NATURE through outings and excursions.
RELATIONSHIP OF CONFIDENCE TEACHER-FAMILY with initial interview, flexible adaptation period, daily welcoming and farewells, tutorials, punctual participation in parties and excursions, training workshops…
Assessment based on observation and communication, listening to the needs of each child and their family, to recreate the environments and interventions every day.
Periodic and timely meetings with families to inform them about individual and group changes and propose lines of activities at home with children.
Monitoring of the vital development process of children when they move from Alere to other educational centers through the organization of workshops, camps and other activities.